126 Commonwealth Avenue
Homes on Commonwealth rarely become available, and this home is special in so many ways. It has an ideal layout, combining the best of family living and formal entertaining. There’s even a charming remodeled 2BD/2BA carriage house located behind the home on the property. The main house was taken down to the studs and expanded in 2002, and yet it remains rich in period detail. The rooms are incredibly spacious, and the wide lot provides wonderful light from four sides. Formal living and dining rooms are located on the main level, along with an office, powder room, and a stunning kitchen/family area — opening to a deck, landscaped garden, and the remodeled carriage house.
There are three bedrooms upstairs, including a marvelous master suite, plus an additional room on the very top floor. The house also features a wine room, media room , soundproof music room, and a large garage. The amenities in this home are extensive, but to name a few; radiant heat throughout, an extensive solar panel system, parking for two to three cars in the garage and four in the driveway, and an elevator from the garage to the top floor. In a terrific location near many parks, schools, shops, and restaurants, this is the family home you’ve been waiting for!
• Extraordinary lot, approx. 50x140.
• Home was taken down to the studs and expanded in 2002.
• 6075 sq ft main house, 1170 carriage house per graphic artist.
• Master suite includes office, sitting area, large walk-in closet and luxurious remodeled bathroom.
• Laundry room on bedroom level.
• Elevator from garage to all levels.
• Extensive SunPower Solar system produces majority of home’s electricity needs.
• Radiant heat throughout.
• Temperature-controlled, locked wine room.
• Wood burning fireplaces in LR and family room.
• Detached on all sides, light and bright throughout, even the lower level and garage.
• Acoustically designed and soundproof Music studio.
• Terrific outdoor space—mature landscaping, extensive decking for entertaining and grass and trampoline for kids to play, professional basketball hoop in driveway.
• Garage parking for 2-3 cars plus 4 in the driveway.
• Pet shower in garage.
• Extensive storage throughout.
• Excellent location near many parks, schools, shops and restaurants, Walk Score 90, “Walker’s Paradise”.